These are themed tours, one day or multi-day, that show you the real Iceland as well as giving you some unforgettable experiences! We focus on good food and unique food experiences as well as unforgettable moments.
This is for people who love life and live it to the fullest. For people who like to try new things. For people who say yes.
Pick one or more of these tours and combo’s and let us know what you’re excited about. We’ll get back to you with an itinerary and a price:
- Reykjavik: In the morning we visit Salt Eldhús (Salt Kitchen) where you cook and dine. Local chef Sigríður guides us through Icelandic ingredients and food history. After this we head into the mountains 30 minutes from Reykjavík for a hike along a warm river. We hike for around an hour until we get to a place where the river is warm and cozy and have a soak! Bad weather? We’ll give you our local version of a tour of Reykjavik or take you to some of our favorite places in and/or around the city.
- Golden Circle: Two farm visits. Friðheimar tomato farm where we enjoy their renowned tomato soup in the greenhouse and Efstidalur dairy farm for some delicious ice cream. We might even add a rye bread experience…
- South Iceland: On this tour you’ll need waterproof shoes/boots and waterproof clothing as we will be going behind one waterfall and wading through a stream to another. Now, the rest of the day is up to you. Reynisfjara black beach, Hekla volcano, a glacier outlet, a third waterfall, a horseback ride. We can’t do it all, so let us know what you like.
- West Iceland: We visit a sheep farm for some food and a lot of nature. We might hike up to Iceland’s tallest waterfall, cook mussels on the beach, enjoy smoked lamb and more. Let us know what you’d like here. Depending on how much time we spend at the farm, we might take the scenic route back to Reykjavik.
- Reykjanes peninsula: Not just the Blue Lagoon. There’s so much more going on here. A hike up a mountain where we see a beautiful little canyon on top, steaming lava, boiling mud pits.
- Snæfellsnes peninsula: An early start and we’ll start with Viking Sushi. Yes, it is what it sounds like and it’s fantastic. The rest of the day depends on your adventure level and your willingness to push yourself, as well as the weather and season.
- Westman Islands (summer only): A boat ride, either adrenaline filled or a slower boat for those who want to photograph. A basic but cool lunch or a taste menu palate explosion at a fine restaurant. Take your pick.
Things to help you choose:
– If you want to avoid crowds, let us know. This will shape your days more than anything else.
– Want to eat your way through Iceland? Let us know. We know exactly what to do.
– Can’t walk far or have problems with hikes? We need to know.
– What we do depends on the weather and the season. In winter most tours will change a little.